Saturday, December 1, 2012

Show Prep 190


Greetings and Salutations, People:

VSR is brought to you by the Amazon.com link on VerticallyStripedSocks.com.

Sadness bearing down this week:
Sonia with cancer
Colleen’s nephew with Trisomy 13
Javon Belcher of the Kansas City Chiefs committing a Murder-Suicide this morning

Tweet of the Week:  
@KenJennings
"Why can't anything be easy?!?" I moaned as my real-time handheld connection to all the world's information briefly ran slower than usual.

Things I liked this week:
Life of Pi
My wife being WRONG about tomorrow’s weather for the Broncos-Buccaneers game (According to forecasts)

Today on VSR – I try to work out some of my inner demons as I present a Magnificent Seven list of things that make me act in a way I shouldn’t and a story about one of the weirdest lawsuits I’ve ever heard that actually WON.

If you’d like to join in the fun - (646) 716-7522 OR OHMS-1-MRLAB

(Bring on Face) –


Let’s get to the news… (Play News Music – Clip 03)



Let’s get to the news… (Play News Music – Clip 03) 

Portales, NEW MEXICO - A university graduate, apparently feeling guilty over a student prank years ago, has sent a box of toilet paper to repay his alma mater for loot taken from a dormitory.

Eastern New Mexico University received the yuletide gift box this week along with a Christmas card and written apology.

The box contained five packages of 16 rolls of two-ply, septic-safe tissue - a total of 80 rolls.

The anonymous writer apologized for stealing bathroom tissue years ago and said a new dedication to Christian faith led to the deed.

The handwritten message read: "Years ago when I was a young immature college student I took toilet paper from your dormitory as a prank.

"I apologize for that and offer this case.”

"Jesus Christ has made such a difference in my life and has prompted me to repay for any sins I've done even from so long ago.”

"God Bless and Merry Christmas."

It was unclear whether the gift itself was a prank. But university officials say "all is forgiven".

"We express our admiration to the anonymous donor for their integrity and character," Wendel Sloan, director of the school's media relations said.

"We never even knew that the toilet tissue was missing, but thank our graduate for doing what they thought was right."

The university said it is donating the TP to a Christian children's home, since the rolls did not fit their bathroom dispensers.


Staten Island – NEW YORK - Shop and office workers in New York's Staten Island spotted a strange sight as they glanced out of their windows.

Outside, in a shopping centre car park, a zebra was seen trotting down the road accompanied on the jaunt by a pony pal.

Video of the runaway equines was captured by shop owner Zachary Osher.

"I was sitting at my desk at about 9.20am when I saw a zebra and pony run back and forth across the street, almost getting hit by a car," he told SILive.com.

"About 30 seconds later, I saw two men in dark black suits carrying lassoes running across the street."

He added: "I have no idea how it (the zebra) got there ... I figured (the men with lassoes) knew what to do."

A police spokesman said the zebra and miniature horse were corralled and returned to a petting zoo.



NORTHERN CHINA - So, here’s the scenario: A man from northern China meets attractive woman and they marry. All is well until attractive woman gives birth to a baby girl. A baby so ugly that her husband finds the child so repulsive to look at he’s convinced his wife’s genes are responsible for the ugly baby. So, he files for divorce on the grounds of “false pretences” and wins a six-figure fine from her, the result of his lawsuit.

Sounds impossible, right? Strangely, it’s the true story of Jian Feng and his now ex-wife who remains unnamed. After their baby girl was born, the baby was so ugly that Feng was certain his wife had cheated on him with another man.

He demanded a DNA test thinking it would prove his wife had become impregnated by some other man and the baby wasn’t his. But, when the test results came back it proved Feng was in fact the biological father, he made the choice every father makes—to apologize and accept his daughter as is.

Oh, wait. That’s not what he did. He decided to sue his wife to prove his ugly child was all her fault genetically. You would think any judge would have laughed this case right out of court, but again, not what happened.

                               

Feng’s wife admitted that before she met her husband-to-be she had $100,000 worth of cosmetic surgery performed in South Korea. This backed up Feng’s claim of “false pretenses” that by not revealing her plastic surgery to him before the marriage, she tricked him. The judge sided with Feng and ordered the wife to pay him $120,000.

I’m Craig, and that is the news… (Play News Music – Clip 03)




Bring on the Whale

Band name of the week:
Headline: Kung fu nuns teach cosmic energy to CERN scientists – Band name of the week: Kung Fu Nuns


Lottery Fever Grips America:
Lebron bought some tickets
Simpson’s Game –
Homer’s Task: Walk around feeling superior – Mocking Hipsters.
I can’t help but feeling superior. I don’t like that about me.

Magnificent Seven – 7 things people do that make me feel superior. (Even though I’m not.)
7. Listen to Country Music.
6. Drive slow in the left lane.
5. Be fat
4. Buy Lotto Tickets
3. Wear Flat Billed Hats
2. Watch Reality TV
1. Be Stupid


To contact VSR via email:
Email address:
radio@verticallystripedsocks.com
Voice Mail – 720-CUB-1-ACE (720-282-1223)
Twitter: @socnorb777


Vertically Striped Music Recommendation:
Dear and the Headlights – I’m not crying, You’re not crying, Are you?

Shalom and Good Evening to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment