Saturday, March 13, 2010

Show Prep #42

Greetings and Salutations, people. It’s the show that ventured so far into Star Wars geekery last week discussing Admiral Ackbar that the Alderan Memorial Association contacted me for a donation, this is Vertically Striped Radio. I’m the man you wish your man could sound like, my name is Craig Dodge, and I’m on a horse!


Today on Vertically Striped Radio: A new segment debuts on today’s show…The Week in Wankery, I’ll explain in a bit. Also, In this world of political correctness…who CAN you make fun of? I’ll tell you this week, maybe. Plus, I have a magnificent 7 list of NFL rules that MUST be changed.

Give out the phone number - (646) 716-6831 OR 6-HOP-1-MOVE-1
Email address: radio@verticallystripedsocks.com
Twitter: @socnorb777
Chatroom: DAMNradio.blogspot.com


Let’s get to the news… (Play News Music – Clip 03)

VANCOUVER (Reuters) – Canada's largest airline has learned it sometimes has to take a back seat to the country's biggest sporting passion, ice hockey, the head of Air Canada said on Tuesday.
The airline was forced to delay a flight from Vancouver during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games because passengers watching the end of gold medal final on airport televisions ignored repeated calls to board.
"We incurred a flight delay for a reason Air Canada had not yet encountered in over 72 years of existence," chief executive Calin Rovinescu told a business gathering.
The Canadian fans were rewarded for their delay, as the nail-biting end to the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics saw Canada beat arch-rival United States 3-2 in overtime.

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) – A union representing Dutch nurses will launch a national campaign Friday against demands for sexual services by patients who claim it should be part of their standard care.
The union, NU'91, is calling the campaign "I Draw The Line Here," with an advert that features a young woman covering her face with crossed hands.
The union said in a statement Thursday that the campaign follows a complaint it had received in the last week from a 24-year-old woman who said a 42-year-old disabled man asked her to provide sexual services as part of his care at home.
The young woman witnessed some of the man's other nurses offering him sexual gratification, the union said. When she refused to do the same, he tried to dismiss her on the grounds that she was unfit to provide care.
"This type of action is not part of the job responsibilities of carers and nurses," NU'91 said.
The case has been reported to police, the union added.


WELLINGTON (Reuters) – A New Zealand man is recovering from injuries after being run over by his wife -- twice, local media reported on Friday.
Sandy Telford ran over her husband, Terry, as she backed down the driveway of their rural property in the Hawke's Bay region, 350 kilometers (220 miles) north-east of Wellington, the Dominion Post newspaperreported.
Not realizing what she had done, Telford then drove her car forward, running over him again.
Police said the woman was distraught and too upset to speak to them.
"We are treating it as an accident," a police spokesman told the newspaper.
Ambulance authorities said the husband suffered moderate head, chest and back injuries, but was "conscious and talking" after the incident.


I’m Craig, and that’s the news…(Play News Music – Clip 03)


MAIN TOPICS:

The Week in Wankery:

-The people in charge of advertisements on Nickelodeon during Spongebob – They’re too good at their jobs.

-Waitress at Claim Jumper bar last night

-Guy at the Oil Change place. Quoted my wife an hour, then 5 minutes later tells me 2 and a half hours.

Wanker of the Week
-Creepy guy at the bank who asked my wife, “How much for the kid?”

Man of the Week: Eduard Khil




Magnificent 7: NFL Rules to change: (Clip 7)

1. You can’t advance a muff.
2. The Tuck Rule
3. You can’t return a blocked extra point for two points
4. You need 2 feet in bounds for it to be a catch.
5. Overtime – First score wins. (Don’t go to college style. Either make it a full 10 or 15 minutes, make it where you have to score 6, or both teams get a possession.)
6. You only get 2 challenges unless you get them both right
7. Pass interference is a spot foul




Who CAN we make fun of now?
-The rural poor – AKA Rednecks or Yokels. (Clip 26 – Cletus)
-Cultures that never actually existed – (Clip 20 – Perfect Strangers – Look a Toaster!) Merpeople, Fake Eastern European cultures such as Balki Bartakomous from Mypos or Latka Gravis from Taxi.
-Cultures that no longer exist –Feel free to make fun of Carthaginians or Huns.
-Rich People – Mr. Burns is the perfect example. It gets even worse if the person who is rich becomes politically active and starts advocating positions they don’t seem to follow themselves…Al Gore…It doesn’t help if the rich people start making outrageous claims like that they created the internet. Dorothy Parker said "If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people he gave it to."
-White People – In general it’s fine to make fun of white people. No one seems to really care. Even better, It is always fun if the White people have a racial identity crisis. (27 – White Jokes) (28 – White Disclaimer)
-Stupid people
-Amish people – They’ll never know! Plus, have you SEEN their clothes?
-Fake Radio Personalities – If you’re on the BlogTalk radio, I think you’re probably fair game.



What song titles would be the best if you replace the word love with lunch?

What’s so funny ‘Bout Peace, Lunch, and understanding? – Elvis Costello (socnorb777)
Lunch in an Elevator – Aerosmith (#1 Sploser)
Lunch is a Battlefield – Pat Benetar (#1 Sploser)
Damn, I wish I was your luncher – Sophie B Hawkins (#1 Sploser)
What about lunch? – Heart (#1 Sploser)
I’d do anything for lunch, but I won’t do that – Meatloaf (Don O’Treply)
You give Lunch a bad name – Bon Jovi (Don O’Treply)
50 Ways to leave your luncher – Paul Simon (Don O’Treply)
Lunch will keep us together – Captain and Tennille (Don O’Treply)
Can’t buy me lunch – The Beatles (Don O’Treply)
Lunch Gun – Kiss (face ventura)
Calling Dr. Lunch – Kiss (face ventura)
All my love – Led Zeppelin (face ventura)
Lunch, Hate, Lunch – Alice in Chains (face ventura)
One Lunch/People Get Ready – Bob Marley (face ventura)
Psycho Lunch – Skid Row (face ventura)
Lunch to Hate - ??? (face ventura)
I Need Lunch – LL Cool J (Major Minority)
Whole Lotta Lunch – Led Zeppelin (The Whale) (Jerry 2nd)
Feel like Makin’ Lunch – Bad Company (Jerry)
Endless Lunch – Diana Ross (Jerry)
Addicted to Lunch – Robert Palmer (Jerry)
I want to know what lunch is – Foreigner (Jerry)
Justify my lunch – Madonna (Jerry)
You can’t hurry lunch – The Supremes (Jerry)
Lunch bites – Def Leppard (18nalax)
Is this lunch? – Survivor (18nalax)
Let me put my lunch into you – AC/DC (18nalax)
Can you feel the lunch tonight – Elton John (18nalax)
(Caribbean Queen) Dairy Dairy Queen (No More Lunch on the Run) – Billy Ocean (Beware of Dow)

Will you still lunch me, tomorrow? – Chicago
You’ve got to hide your lunch away – The Beatles
All you need is lunch – The Beatles
Best of my lunch – Eagles
I don’t want to live without your lunch – Chicago
In and out of lunch – Bon Jovi
Livin on Lunch – Alan Jackson
Lunch me do – The Beatles
Lunch remains the same - Gavin Rossdale
Lunch Shack – B-52s
Lunch lifts us up where we belong – Joe Cocker
Not enough lunch in the world – Don Henley
Lunch me tender – Elvis Presley
A hunk a hunk of burning lunch – Elvis Presley
Where did our lunch go? – The Supremes
You’ve lost that luncheon feeling – The Righteous Brothers
Stop in the name of lunch – The Supremes
I think I lunch you – The Partridge Family
Feel like making lunch – Roberta Flack
What’s lunch got to do with it – Tina Turner
Saving all my lunch for you – Whitney Houston
Crazy little thing called lunch – Queen
Groovy kind of lunch – Phil Collins
It must have been lunch, but it’s over now – Roxette
Tainted lunch – Soft Cell
Lunch can build a bridge - Cher, Chrissie Hynde, Neneh Cherry and Eric Clapton
Said I lunch you, but I lied – Michael Bolton
Lunch the one you’re with – Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
All for lunch – Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting
Lunch the one you’re with – Stephen Stills
Sometimes lunch just ain’t enough – Patty Smyth
The Power of Lunch – Huey Lewis and the News
Glory of Lunch – Peter Cetera
Greatest lunch of all – Whitney Houston
I can’t help falling in lunch – UB40
Crazy in lunch – Beyonce
Puppy lunch – Donny Osmond
I’d lunch you to want me – Lobo
That’s the way lunch goes – Janet Jackson
Amazing lunch – Old Hymn
Lunch child – The Supremes
Hello, I lunch you. – The Doors
I and lunch and you – The Avett Brothers
If you lunch somebody set them free – Sting
I’ll make lunch to you – Boyz II Men
It’s Friday, I’m in lunch – The Cure
Let lunch in – The Goo Goo Dolls
Let my lunch open the door – Pete Townshend
Lunch reign O’er me – The Who
Lunch Street – The Doors
Bruce Cockburn – Lunchers in a dangerous time
No one’s going to lunch you – Band of Horses
One more for lunch – Five for Fighting
Pop’s lunch suicide – Stone Temple Pilots
Rule the world with Lunch – Barenaked Ladies
Sapphire Bullets of Pure Lunch – They Might be Giants
She Lunches you, ya ya ya – the Beatles
Can anybody find me somebody to lunch? – Queen
Tunnel of Lunch – Dire Straights
Victim of Lunch – The Eagles
When lunch comes to town – BB King
I lunch you, for sentimental reasons – Nat King Cole
Lunch me do – The Beatles
Keep on lunching you – REO Speedwagon
I lunch Rock n Roll – Joan Jett
I just called to say I lunch you – Stevie Wonder



NHL ’94 Tournament – Tourney Check in – Finals (Dell won in 6)


Gmail - Did you realize that if you use Gmail, and you go to the Spam folder, instead of Google ads, they have Spam recipies?


Survivor – I’m back, baby. I haven’t watched Survivor for several years, but this year’s Heroes versus Villains edition has pulled me back in.






Movie reviews: “Avatar”, “The Road” and “The Princess and The Frog”

-Avatar
-The Road
-The Princess and the Frog

Defend Movies:
-Almost Famous
-The Shawshank Redemption
-Fight Club


The Vertically Striped Music Recommendation:
Alexi Murdoch – “Time Without Consequence”
Song – Orange Sky
Kind of a mellow one today, but I like this song.

Thanks to: (Whoever called)


Shalom and Good Evening to you all!



Movie reviews: “Avatar”, “The Road” and “The Princess and The Frog”

-Avatar
-The Road
-The Princess and the Frog
-Julie and Julia
-District 9

Defend Movies:
-Almost Famous
-The Shawshank Redemption
-Fight Club

Andrew Bird – Sovay
Fleet Foxes
Elliot Smith
DeVotchKa – How it ends
Don Chaffer – The Worst is my being alone
Squirrel Nut Zippers
The Bravery
Tremolo
Iron and Wine

Magnificent 7: Seven things people driving around me need to stop doing.

1. Stopping at a flashing yellow.
2. Stopping at a continuous turn lane.
3. Driving the speed limit or slower in the left lane.
4. Getting over into my lane directly in front of me and then slowing down.
5. Three Words: No turn signal
6. Braking for no logical reason
7. Not pulling into the intersection to turn left when the light is green but you don’t have a green arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment